Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Starting up!

This is the start of my Release Engineering and Install Developing blog.

Release Engineering commonly refers to the process of building, deploying and maintaining software through a product’s life cycle. This is going to be more of a ‘how to’ blog. If you don’t know what Release Engineering and Install Developing is, then blogs is likely not for you.

I’ll be posting code snippets, solutions to common challenges, tips, tricks and general articles here. The intent is to create a blog where ideas and solutions can be freely exchanged.

I have been developing installation packages on Mac and PC for about 8 years now. My main area of expertise are;

  • Windows Installer
  • InstallShield, Installer Wise
  • Scripting (InstallScript, JScript, VBScript, Pearl, Batch files, WSH)
  • Automation for Quality Assurance
  • C++ (MFC)
  • Html/CSS

I’ll be posting my first ‘real’ article soon.

Thanks for visiting.

Note: If you want to know more about what Release Engineering is, here’s a great explanation. One More Pointless Blog: Software Release Engineering

No comments: